Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Comments4Teachers 10,11,12

Week 10
In this weeks Comments4Teachers my teacher Shelli Terrell's blog was about planting seeds into students. She goes on to talk about having a mustard seed of faith, and how we as teachers should encourage our students to strive for goals. My comment: Hi,
My name is Brittany Lewis. I am a student in Dr. Starange’s EDM class. In a few semester’s I will be going into my first English classroom. When I read this blog the first thing that I noticed was your emphasis on passion. I think to be any kind of teacher you must have passion for what you are doing. I myself have been a Christian since I was 4 years old. And it is nice to hear someone else share their faith. My blogspot is lewisbrittanyedm310.blogspot.com. My course blogspot is edm310.blogspot.com

Week11
In this blog, my teacher talks about micro-blogging and how tools like Twitter are useful not only to communicate to others but for learning purposes. My comment: I am currently on Twitter, but do not use it for learning purposes. I never really thought about it as a learning tool. But from what I have read it is an awesome source to stay involved. Though it is just one source to a micro-world of many, it is one of the newer updated blog spots. So I think that yes we do learn more from micro blogging.

Week12
This blog is about Google Reader. Google Reader allows blogger's to put all your blogs and favorite websites on one page. This video gives step by step directions on how to add Google Reader. My comment: Google Reader is such an interesting way to keep your favorite sites and blogs in one spot. And what is even better is that your favorite sites are updated, and Google Reader allows you to see when.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Brittany!

    I could give Dr. Strange a great big hug right now! I complete my online Masters last year and I feel I learned so much more from being involved in online educator communities. Now instead of reading a book and writing a paper I actually interact with the authors of the book and we discuss the issues! I learn not only about the pedagogy but how this has been applied in the classroom. I get to see what works and what doesn't. I get bounce ideas to expand these plans. I thank Dr. Strange for taking you on this learning journey, because these are skills you will find beneficial throughout your teaching profession.

    ReplyDelete