Monday, March 15, 2010

February 28th Blog



This Is How We Dream:
Dr. Richard Miller's video was very interesting, and also provided some new ideas on multimedia writing. Dr. Miller shows ideas on how we as students can use the internet for new and exciting sources. Dr. Miller says in his video that "Now is the time to be technologically literate." Through technology new information can be shared and discused, and in Dr. Miller's video he shows us just that. Dr. Miller showed many examples of how we can become more up to date on current issues, presidential elections e.t.c.

I really liked how visual this video was. Dr. Miller shows exactly how to use new technology and multimedias. I thought it was pretty awesome that he never stepped foot in the library when he had to write a paper about the Virginia Tech shootings. Dr. Miller also showed images of collaborative work with some of his colleages. He can talk to four and five people at the same time. He showed clips of Dr. Martin Luther King, and even added music and sound to the presentation.

Altogether, Dr. Miller's point in this video is to show us as educators that we can spand our horizons and use techniques, such as the ones he has shown in this video. Change is not always bad, we can use new and intergrated techniques in our classrooms. Changes like these allow students to become more interenet savy, and allows them to have fun at the same time. I will be grauating soon, and hope to use some of Dr. Miller's techniques in my classroom. This video was very interesting and informative.

The Networked Student:
This was a cute video, about how students can blog and connect with other students. Wendy Drexler's video goes on to tell about how we as students can use things like iPod's to hear educational podcast, listen to music, and even virtual books. Connective learning is a way to get updated information from the web and other souced on the internet. This learning network will allow students to not only be current with the pace of our society, but to learn more effectively. In this 21st Century teaching is different. New tools and technology are developing almost daily.

A personal learning network is where "you" as a person asses information for your personal learning. This also allows you to connect and share with other students. You can even find bookmarked cites that match topics you are looking for. It also talks about setting up your own blog and actively using it. Wendy Drexler's video personal showed me that being technologically involved is important these days.

The question of whether I will use sources like Dexler's is yes. I found this video a very useful tool, to maybe show my students in the future. By being connected, which this class allows me to do, I will be able to become more multicultural, and also better involve myself in new technological advances. I thought this was a very creative video, and really caught my attention. I as a student will try and become more diverse when it comes to technology.

Toward's A New Future:
When you look around so many new things have emerged. This video was very witty. It showed clips of things like South Park, images from American Idol. I thought it was awesome that every year students gather together and talk about new technology and try their best to break it down. I myself live on Youtube, so I enjoyed the segment that he did about Youtube. Youtube is huge!! I thought that Michael Wesch had a very cool outlook about technology and integrating it into our learning processes.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your posts! I liked the way Dr. Miller has transformed himself as technology has developed too! I wonder how different our jobs as educators will be 20 years from now when it comes to technology?

    ReplyDelete