Thursday, April 22, 2010

March 28th Blog




After reading, and watching this video I am a little empowered. Dan Brown pretty much helped show me that change isn't always a bad thing. Dan spoke so passionately he really grabbed my attention. I thought it was interesting how he said he dropped out of school because he was not being educated. Both Dan and Morgan hit the nail on the head. going to a University usually includes being in an over-crowded classroom, with one professor who lectures for hours on end. Frankly, it is just flat out boring. Neither me nor my classmates are listening. Also, we do not communicate with our classmates. I usually meet maybe two or three people in all of my classes, and never see them again after that class is over. Education needs to step it up. Because if they do not then technology will take over and standard education will fall through the cracks. Teachers should be using technology on a everyday basis. Students should be allowed laptops, smart boards should be in every classroom, and students should have to write required blogs. Our generation today has to be constantly entertained. If educators don't step up to the technology plate then they will be jobless. Maybe not now, maybe not in ten years but eventually. Both Dan and Morgan did an excellent job of highlighting the problems within our school systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment