Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st Blog

Podcast:
I was a bit confused as to how podcast worked but I got the swing of things as I went along. From what I gathered from learning from all this is that I am going to have to eventually make a podcast using itunes. From some of the podcast I listened to were random, but It helped me get a just of what I will be doing on my podcast. I liked how they mentioned other sites affiliated that you could go visit. In Building a network Ben Hazzard goes into detail about educating our youth today and how we can use technology to get students more involved. They go into detail on how it is not all about the technology its about staying affective. By using smart board you can learn new applications to use in the classroom.

I also noticed they mentioned things like skype, facebook, and other networking programs. They also mentioned a program that teaches you about what technology has to offer, what there all about, and the pros and cons in using them. They talked about non traditional teaching styles and how to get teacher involved with new technology. Teachers can easily connect with teachersconnecting.com/podcast. Teachers can colaborate with their students and can join in with classroom discussion. It was just a very informative podcast that allows us to understand technology and why it is important.

Ed Tech was another podcast that talks about technology in the classroom. One of the podcast I listen to was about gaming and how it fits into curriculum. They also talked to gamers on the importance of gaming in the classroom. Many of these games tie into education and the availability to young students. Not all the games are educational but are creative. Students can use gaming to make there own games that others can play. Gaming is not just for entertainment but can also be extremely educational. Gaming can allow students to make strategies and learn how to understand complex systems.

Kid cast is a way for kids to get involved with technology. Kid cast allows students to learn new and exciting facts about learning and growing. Kid cast features kids educating kids. Kid cast teaches children about biographies, discrimination, and global warming. Each episode features different children of different ethnicity's talking about topics that kids can understand. Kid cast is an easy way for kids to get involved and understand technology. So over all the podcast where all ways for our youth to understand how to use technology to further there education.

2 comments:

  1. Good start Brittany. Watch your capitalization, "but It helped me get a just of what I will be doing on my podcast." You will write a script for your podcast and PRACTICE it before we record the podcast in class. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like listening to all the different podcast. Some of them make you think of things, that you use everyday like facebook, etc., in new and different ways.

    ReplyDelete